5 Best Tea Tree Oil Brands on the Internet That Are Worth Buying
In recent times, long forgotten ancient practices are finding their way out from old sacred texts. From yoga teachings to aromatherapy, many of the deficiencies that once possessed difficulties in healing are now finding their cure. Amongst an elite group of remedies for skin problems, the Tea Tree Oil stands as the most celebrated one in recent times. Born in Australia, Tea Tree Oils were first discovered and put in use by Bundjalung people of eastern Australia. They would simply crush desired quantity of the leaves and collect the extract, the oil and apply the leaves on wounds. They would brew an infusion of the leaves to make a tea for treatment for sore throats, cold and cough or apply it on the skin to heal minor wounds, abrasions and insect bites and stings. It is also known as medicine cabinet in a bottle because of its vast applications not just in healing burns, cuts and scars but also in delivering other valuable experiences like relief from headaches, toothaches and what not!
The Tea Tress essential oil is extracted from the Melaleuca alternifolia, found in Queensland and New South Wales, Australia. After being in use for quite long, Tea Tree Oil was losing its charm due to newest arrival of synthetic alternatives in 1970s. The market for tea tree oil exploded again in the early 1990s due to a sudden outpour and growth of interests in the naturally available and derivable alternatives to antibiotics, synthetic skin care and even chemical cleaning products. The first commercial plantation was established in the decade of 1970’s and 1980’s.
Melaleuca is a combination of two Greek words: melas meaning “black” and leukos “white”, referring to the contrasting black trunks and young white stems or while alternifolia is derived from Latin and means having alternate leaves.
After its discovery, the oil found its use primarily in daily skin care routines and later in aromatherapy to ease out discomfort caused by sickness. The strong antiseptic and antifungal properties of the oil are being currently used to treat fungal infection of nail, head lice, ringworm and athlete’s foot. Scabies (the infestation of mites that dig up skin to lay eggs, causing irritation and angry rashes) can be treated using the tea tree oil. While diluted tea tree oil is used for aromatherapy and the oil also finds its use in body deodorants.
It is preferred to use the essential oils in blends as it makes them gentle enough to use otherwise while during pregnancy, especially when morning sickness or sleep issues arise. Always dilute pure essential oils to a safe concentration such that they are effective without being overwhelming.
Regular application of Tea Tree Oil protects skin from burns caused due to radiation from the cancer therapy, and encourages scar tissue to regenerate meanwhile providing nourishment. It works by dehydrating bumps, reducing scars, and encourages revitalization for a more healthy and glowing skin.
Here are 5 Best Tea Tree Oil Brands On The Internet
TruSkin Naturals Tea Tree Clear Skin Serum:
Tree Tea Oil is becoming a quintessential element in almost every skin care regime. Its ability to cure acne, breakouts and supply the skin with a boost of vitamins and antioxidants is making it popular amongst skin care enthusiasts. The TruSkin Naturals Tea Tree Clear Skin Serum has been strategically designed to target breakouts. The serum, rich in Vitamin C and A nourishes the skin, making it more supple and nourished.
Features of TruSkin Naturals Tea Tree Clear Skin Serum:
- The serum is a combination of Vitamin C and Vitamin A. This combination not only does reduce acne, skin irritations and inflammations but also works towards repairing the damage caused by previous usage of chemically advanced products.
- Packed with surplus of antioxidants and antiseptic elements, the oil slows down excessive degradation of collagen in the skin.
- The serum helps in dealing with skin tags, eczema, psoriasis, ringworm and many other skin conditions that cause intense irritation, angry rashes and pealing
Pros and Cons:
- The surplus of vitamins and antioxidants gives skin a blow of rejuvenation. Upon daily and routine application of the serum, the skin will reverse the damage caused
- An anti-inflammatory property of the serum extends its application to relieve pain and inflammation of joints as well
- This serum can help reduce effects of skin conditions like Eczema, Psoriasis and Athlete’s feet
- It takes repeated, routine application before results become visible. The product does not work overnight
- When applied for the first time, the oil tends to cause a tingling and give out a confusing burning sensation. For those with an overly sensitive skin. It may lead to more breakouts than repair and thus, it is advised to use it for at least a week on a small area of the skin before applying it on a wider range
- Quantity of serum to be applied has to be measured precisely. Too much will clog pores while too little just will not be adequate enough to function
The serum is an excellent remedy for people who have been dealing with skin issues like breakouts, acne, Eczema etc., for long. The antioxidants and antibacterial properties present in the oil help skin rebuild itself meanwhile blocking trouble causing agents to return and reverse the repair. With surplus anti-aging substances present gradually undertake care of over functioning and excessive degradation of collagen in the skin. The serum has to be applied for at least 2-3 times a week. Tea Tree Oil also helps in even-toning of the skin reducing tan and blemishes. The application preferably should be direct, that is the serum should not be diluted unless necessary. Apart from its property to work merely as a skin care product, the serum can be used to reduce irritation caused due to bug bites or even as an insect repellent. It should also be noted that the tree tea essence oil during application yields an aromatic fragrance that induces a calming effect.Buy This Product From Amazon
Zeldik Nutrition’s Tea Tree Oil:
The Tea tree oil, being so effective at swabbing out fungus causing bacteria, can be hugely helpful in treating conditions like skin tags, eczema, psoriasis and athlete’s feet .Clean the area with a non-fragrant soap, lather and rinse thoroughly with plenty of lukewarm water furthermore dry the area with a clean cotton cloth. Dilute the Zeldik Nutrition’s Tea Tree Oil in base oil or simply mix in water and apply on the affected area. Mixing small proportion of the essential oil in water to be used in cleaning clothes works excellent in removing odors.
Features of Zeldik Nutrition’s Tea Tree Oil:
- Tea Tree Oil can be added to bathing water to ease and soothe itching caused due to Chicken Pox
- When added to a base oil of preference, the combination can be applied on the skin to relive dryness. The potion works as elixir to reverse skin damage
- The essential oil can be used as mouth freshener upon diluting by either mixing with water or with any other mouth wash. Add few drops into boiling water and inhale it to get rid of blocked nose, cough and cold
- Spray a diluted solution of this essential oil on all the mattresses in the house to disinfect them from bed bugs
Pros and Cons:
- Application of the product is not just limited to the skin but rather extends in multiple dimensions making more of a ‘go-to’ potion
- Upon dilating, the potion can be used to sterilize bed sheets and pillow covers, mattresses, cushions to get rid of bugs and odors caused due to absorption of bodily fluids and food particles
- Small drops can be added to bath water of children and pets. This will be beneficial for skin and fur
- The essential should not, in any case, be applied directly on the skin. It may cause severe burns to an overly sensitive skin. Always dilute the oil with water or by mixing it with other base oils
- While using with kids or pets, try to ensure optimal dilution to get maximum benefit
- Application has to be done using a cotton pad. Using fingers will introduce dirt in the oil-surface interaction minimizing the overall effect and affect of the potion
A bottle of Zeldik Nutrition’s Tea Tree Oil is something every one of us should have in their shelf. It acts as a medicine for cold and cough, can help cure severe infections and deliver at home spa kind aromatherapy at home. The very nature of its versatility to adapt to any user’s desire makes it jack of all trades and master of them all. The potion does not specifically focus on the skin, which makes it more of an easy to blend with almost anything product. It can be mixed with shampoo which will help those weak roots from eradicating and supplement hair growth, kill the head lice and fight off dandruff efficiently. If you have got pets in your house, worry not about the ticks anymore, regularly bathe your canine in a weak water-essential oil solution. The troubling ticks are sure to leave earlier than expected. Moreover, a diluted solution used every day to clean genitals will keep them safe and protected from genital warts. Yeast infections etc.Buy This Product From Amazon
Tea Tree Therapy Australian Tea Tree Oil:
From the land of Tea Tree oil here comes our potion that has been specifically extracted and bottled to meet daily antiseptic usage. The tea tree essential oil is packed with many antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, it indeed becomes a shelf of medicines in itself. From healing cuts, burns, insect bites and stings, rashes, boils, sinus problems, sore throat, thrush, fingernail and toenail infections.
Features of Tea Tree Therapy Australian Tea Tree Oil:
- The product specifically is meant for therapies and medicinal purposes. It shall act like an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory solution
- Aromatherapy can be very well practiced as the potion is rich elements that stimulate and activate part of that brain responsible for sense of calmness and slowly induce sleep
- The packaging is in that of an amber bottle and is child safe. Your therapy sessions are now child-proof
Pros And Cons:
- Aromatherapies are now easy as you will not be searching the internet for products that sound safe to be used in a diffuser
- It’s a medicine shelf in a bottle, replacing several tubes of ointments and antiseptic bottles with one 60ml bottle
- Elixir for those who have been dealing with ear aches, headaches and toothache Put few drops in diffuser or your mouthwash and get instant relief
- Drop few drops in the mosquito repellent machine to get rid of flies, mosquitoes and other seasonal insects
- Since the product has been specifically targeted for therapies, it is not advisable to use for any other way
- No dropper has been provided by the manufacturer making it hard to get desired drops of the essential oil
The Tea Tree Therapy Australian Tea Tree Oil is a blessing for those who have been looking all this while for a product that is specifically designed for therapies and serve as an antiseptic ointment. Packed in a 60ml amber bottle, the product is child safe. No need to store them in high cabinets. For the essential oil therapy, add few drops of the oil in a diffuser or in boiling water and inhale periodically through the vapours. The vapours once introduced to hair will efficiently kill the head lice & nits and fight off dandruff efficiently. These oils are made up of tiny yet highly-concentrated molecules that are extracted and distilled from the leaves primarily. Not only are these natural compounds incredibly fragrant, but they actually deliver therapeutic effects that help in promoting physical and mental well-being.Buy This Product From Amazon
The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil:
This cute little bottle of tea tree essential oil is Amazon’s Choice. The oil has been steam distilled and packed within 12hours of the procedure in order to ensure its freshness. The bottle is handy and can be carried during trips. The only thing to keep in mind is cushioning its surroundings properly. The product births in the foothills of Mount Kenya. This little cute hulk targets breakouts, acne and pimples while its cousins take care of other skin problems including cleansing. Mattifying solution, every day wash. All having Tea Tree oil fragments in plenty.
Features of The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil:
- The product has been derived from foothills of Mount Kenya, a change from the usual Australian Tree Tea Oil products.
- The bottle got a plastic covering that a small hole (has to be pierced when subjected to use) in it which allows cautious and limited oil from coming out the bottle
- Fragments of the oil aren’t much concentrated and thus will not damage the skin if accidently applied in excess
- The aromatic smell of the product relaxes the user significantly as the aromatic compounds stimulates part of brain responsible for calming and smelling
- It can be mixed with shampoo which will help those weak roots from eradicating and supplement hair growth, kill the head lice and fight off dandruff efficiently.
Pros and Cons:
- Simply dilute part essential oil in part water, store it in a spray bottle and you are good to go
- It is a Vegan product indicating no animals were harmed or their products were used during its manufacturing
- Apart from using it on the skin, it can be mixed with other makeup products too and applied just the it used to be applied
- Can use it as for post makeup revival therapy, just add few drops of The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil in your face mask (or in water) and use it to get rid of tiredness from the day or dip few cotton pads in essential oil-water solution. Clean off your face with the solution.
- No dropper is given, one may lose great deal of product while trying to take it few drops out of the bottle
- It is a glass bottle, can break if not handled properly
- In order to get the best out of The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil, one must buy the whole range of available products which will be a pricy affair as the range is not available in a combo pack but are rather sold separately
This cute little bottle of the Tea Tree essential oil is packed with distilled fragments of Tea Tree Oil that give out a rather enhanced feeling of pleasure and relaxation. Made from raw materials collected from foothills of Mount Kenya, this product is an aroma of fresh oils in the usually dominant Australian Tree Tea Oil region. The oil targets pimples, acne, injury scars and blemishes. Although, these are not the only region they can be used with other makeup products too by mixing small quantities of it in foundation or concealer or as for post makeup revival therapy, just add few drops of The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil in your face mask (or in water) and use it to get rid of tiredness from the day or dip few cotton pads in essential oil-water solution. Clean off your face with the solution. Rub some on your wrist and smell it whenever nausea tries to get better of you, this way you can combat pregnancy blues! Spray a diluted solution of this essential oil on all the mattresses in the house to disinfect them from bed bugs. It kills the bed bugs while sanitizing the mattresses. Also, Amazon is itself a fan of this little green bottled elixir as it has been Amazon’s ChoiceBuy This Product From Amazon
Beauty Foundry Tea Tree Facial Oil:
What happens when an Australian Tea Tree oil meets Rosemary? Well, it is nothing less than magic for the skin. The Beauty Foundry Tea Tree Facial Oil has got Rosemary infused in it along with Tree Tea Oil. Rosemary is popularly known as the guardian of neurological circuits and holds its armors uptight against muscular degradation. The combination of Tea Tree oils and Rosemary will largely help the consumer tackle issues relating to nerves, cysts and digestion along with skin’s betterment and nourishment.
Features of Beauty Foundry Tea Tree Facial Oil:
- Composition of this tea tree essential oils has got no parabens in it. Parabenscan cause a variety of reactions to those with allergies. They are known to cause skin You save yourself here
- The bottle comes with an inbuilt dropper and thus, no spillage during usage
- Unlike other parts of the body, face has got a rather soft and delicate skin texture. That being said, one has to be very careful picking products that suit and work on their kind of skin type. The Beauty Foundry Tea Tree Facial Oil targets skin issues like pimples, blemishes, breakouts and acne. It works wonders for people with combination skin type as well
Pros and Cons:
- Paraben free and thus can be put in use by people with sensitive skin
- The fragrance is subtle, not at all overpowering. You won’t experience giddiness after application. Rather, a calming effect can be experienced considering its property of being used in aromatherapy
- Apart from having surplus of pure tea tree oil properties, the bottle carries a beautiful blend of Rosemary and Sunflower as well
- Once done with application of the essential oil on the targeted area, other serums, moisturizers and cosmetics can be applied later on
- Since there are preservatives, one must keep the product in a well guarded place
- The Rosemary and Sunflower extracts limits its application. Those with allergies will not be able to use it
- If the dropper cracks, there is no way to get oil out of the container. Sufficient quantity won’t come out or there will spillage eventually leading to more loss than use
- The oil may leave behind some residue for some people. This can be dirt extracted from the clogged pores
Parabens are basically preservatives that keep bacteria and other microbes out of beauty products and increase shelf life of the product. Parabens can interfere with human body’s hormones, most notably estrogen. A steep misbalance is never desired. This misbalance will overtake the product’s working. Imagine, the good essential oil trying to repair your skin but the Parabens in them cause an allergic reaction that compels the skin to breakout even more. The addition of Rosemary to the essential oil works as an Anti-oxidant that helps combat dirt and pollution while the natural sunflower oil brightens up the skin and balances discoloration. The Beauty Foundry Tea Tree Facial oil seals in moisture and adds that extra nourishment needed by facial cells. Tea Tree Facial Oil can be used after exfoliating the skin, to rehydrate and pump in more nutrients.Buy This Product From Amazon
Beginners guide to Tea Tree Oil
What actually is Tea Tree Oil?
It is an essential oil obtained by distillation of Tea Tree Oil leaves. The essential oil has got a fresh camphoraceous soothing smell and a colour that ranges from being a pale yellow to nearly colourless or rather clear liquid and is derived by crushing leaves of the tea tree, Melaleuca alternifolia a native of Queensland and the New South Wales, Australia. Melaleuca is a combination of two Greek words: melas meaning “black” and leukos “white”, referring to the contrasting black trunks and young white stems or while alternifolia is derived from Latin and means having alternate leaves. Tea tree oil is defined by the International Standard ISO 4730 as “Oil of Melaleuca, terpinen-4-ol type”, containing terpinen-4-ol, γ-terpinene, and α-terpinene as about 70% to 90% of whole oil, while ρ-cymene, terpinolene, α-terpineol, and α-pinene collectively account up to some some 15% of the oil.
Tea tree oil is claimed to be useful for treating issues like dandruff, acne, lice, herpes, insect bites, scabies, and skin fungal infections like Eczema, blisters and Psoriasis or bacterial infections like Genital Warts, yeast infection etc. Moreover, it can also be used for treatment of foot soaks or body sores. The oil will take time for some conditions, but once healed one can continue using Tea Tree Oil to prevent reoccurrence.
What are the other Tea Tree Oil products on the internet that are worth buying?
As more and more people are learning about Tea Tree Oil, a wider range of products are using Tea Tree Oil as an ingredient. The essential oil not only helps nourishing the skin but rejuvenates, starting a chain of repair.
The other Tea Tree Oil products that are worth trying include Tea Tree Oil Foot soak, Tea Tree Oil bathing soaps, Tea Tree Oil daily detox cleansing solution, Tea Tree Oil Eyelid wipes, Tea Tree Oil Face Mask, Tea Tree Oil Bath bombs, Tea Tree Oil Shampoos and many more.
It can be used for post makeup revival therapy, by just adding few drops of Tea Tree Oil in your face mask (or in water) and use it to get rid of tiredness from the day or dip few cotton pads in essential oil-water solution. Clean off your face with the solution. Otherwise, fill the diluted solution in a spray bottle and refresh yourself with sprays of this potion, anytime and anywhere.
Tea Tree Oils for mental healing:
Tea Tree oil is known as a panacea as it got properties that not only causes healing to the body but also on the mind. Each essential oil comes with its own therapeutic benefits and Tea Tree oil is one of the most popular and effective one for aromatherapy use. It is widely known to boost the immune system and fight infections, help skin repair and recover itself from damage. Tea Tree oil has got plenty of healing properties.Not only is it a natural immune booster, but it also fights almost every kinds of infection. It works to heal skin conditions, burns and cuts, and also works as an insecticide and insect repellent. In addition, it helps to soothe and treat cold sores, respiratory conditions, muscle aches, the flu, Athlete’s foot and dandruff. Its uses are vast, spreading out in multiple directions while its healing power is quick.
Is Tree Tea Oil good for Pets like Dogs, cats or rabbits?
The Tea Tree Oil does magic on humans but is the same case with animals as well? It should be noted here that Tea Tree Oil in large quantities can be fatal. Internal consumption of the essential oil can cause dizziness, vomiting and diarrhea. While for animals, it’s a different story. There have been many incidents where a cat whose owner added few drops of Tea Tree oil in the diffuser for the sake of aromatherapy, ended up with their pet acing weirdly and then eventually falling sick. So is the case with dogs as well. Upon being subjected to vapours of Tea Tree Oil, being introduced into the atmosphere from the diffuser, the dogs started to act weirdly. The otherwise sharp dog started experiencing confusion, there was gradual increase in salivation, lethargy and eventually showing extreme signs like puking blood, coughing and finding It hard to keep balance. Dogs, cats and rabbits don’t have a very strong metabolism system unlike humans. Excessive calming affected that was caused by the oil’s vapours slowed down their metabolism directly putting too much stress on their livers
For the treatment, in case your pet was subjected to any essential oil’s vapours, immediately take them to a vet for checkup before their system shuts down. The vet will remove toxins collected in their bodies, give precautionary medicines and may be keep the pet under observation for 24-48 hours.
Tree Tea Oil during Pregnancy:
Pregnancy is a roller coaster for a woman. The hormones shift from top stairs to the down and the body keeps changing to accommodate another human being growing inside it. The constant change in hormones causes the skin to breakout, gives room for the moods to swing as the to-be mother tries to get comfortable in her new body. As the body keeps growing, stretch marks embark their presence on the skin.
Essential oils like tea tree oil are extremely concentrated, meaning they are more influence when compared to various other products available in different forms from the same plant. Therefore, one must know the correct usages as well as dosage of tea tree oil before you apply it. Aromatherapy can relive a to-be mother of mental stresses and discomfort that’s caused during pregnancy. Just add few drops of the oil in the diffuser and relax.
Tea tree oil for acne during pregnancy can help in balancing oil production and in unclogging the skin’s sebaceous glands. It contains phytocides, which may prove beneficial in the treatment of respiratory issues and nasal infections caused during pregnancy. The effectiveness, with which Tea Tress Oil helps in fighting antibiotic-resistant bacteria, provides protection to pregnant women against falling prey to bladder infections and cold sores. While the topical use of tea tree oil while pregnant can also help avert the occurrence of stretch marks the wonderful antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of tea tree oil provide relief from swelling, pain and discomfort, during pregnancy.
Though it should be noted, as good as the Tea Tree Oil for pregnant women, it carries risk of causing allergies if not diluted properly. Ingestion of tea tree oil during pregnancy can cause substantial toxicity which may cause abdominal pain, problems keeping balance, confusion, diarrhea and in the worst case, even coma. Thus, careless use of. Sometimes the topical use of tea tree oil can even result in skin dryness, rashes, and blisters in some pregnant women while a pregnant woman with a history of eczema can experience bad reaction on the skin.
What are the various types of Carrier Oils?
Carrier oils (also known as blends) and essential oils are made from plants. Carrier oils are used to dilute essential oils and “carry” them to the skin as the nature of essential oils being potent and can cause irritation, burns and allergies when applied directly to the skin. Most of them are light in and almost odorless. Otherwise, the essential oil’s aroma will get suppressed under layers of the carrier oil. The ideal carrier oil should be cold-pressed, 100% pure, and preservative-free. While, if wanting to use a cooking oil as a carrier oil, go for the one that has been cold-pressed and choose from a wide range of organic varieties.
The main parameters for selecting your carrier oil should be:
- Odor and Texture: Whether if the carrier oil to be core fragrant that the essential oil or if the carrier oil should blend in the background as the essential oil takes over
- Absorption: What will be the point of application when the skin fails to absorb the oil? Select oils the body is most comfortable soaking in
- Shelf life: Some carrier oils can be stored for longer periods giving the user to periodically detox without fearing the carrier oil getting bad while others are for immediate use
Few examples of carrier oils are Coconut oil, Jojoba Oil, Olive oil, Sweet almond oil, Rosehip oil, Argon oil, Sunflower oil, Black seed oil any many more.
Follows these dilution guidelines to mix carrier oil and essential oil:
- 5% dilution: 15 drops essential oil per 6 teaspoons carrier oil
- 3 % dilution: 20 drops essential oil per 6 teaspoons carrier oil
- 5 % dilution: 30 drops essential oil per 6 teaspoons carrier oil
- 10 % dilution: 60 drops essential oil per 6 teaspoons carrier oil
- 0.5 to 1 % dilution: 3 to 6 drops essential oil per 6 teaspoons carrier oil
What type of diffuser should be used for best results?
Today, in the market four main types of diffusers can be found,
- Nebulizing Diffusers: This type of diffuser does not require heat gradient or water inflow. Furthermore the diffuser contains no plastic. It works using pressurized air and oil. A stream of air blows across a small tube, creating a vacuum that pulls the oil to the surface of the tube where it is blown away in a fine mist. Many of them can be used with timers that can be set for a burst of essence at just the right moment, but you might just choose to fill it and forget it.
- Ultrasonic or Humidifying Diffusers: By using electronic frequencies to create ultrasonic vibrations that break up the molecules for distribution into a fine mist. This uses a mixture of water and essential oil, which means the diluting of the potency of the essential oil depends entirely upon use.
- Evaporative Diffusers: As the name suggests, this kind of diffuser uses principle of evaporation for its working. As the essential oil evaporates, it is released into the air as it get transferred from from liquid state to gaseous state. These models usually have a small fan that blows air past the oil, causing it to evaporate at a faster rate than normal.
- Heat Diffusers: This kind of diffuser uses heat to cause a change in phase of the carrier oil-essential oil mixture to mist.