4 Best Moxa Sticks And Rolls For Pain Relief on Amazon
In times when everything is fast moving and quick acting, the advancements in our lifestyles has been attracting success as well as repercussions caused as a result of exposures to stresses. The internal system of our body is working round the clock to meet with life changes, having no time for itself to self repair and detoxify. Every one of us at some point in time experienced pain, aches and stiffness in the body. The important question is how many times medicines from nearby pharmacy will help us?
Moxibustion is an ancient Chinese form of heat therapy in which dried mugwort plant’s extract called “moxa” are burned on or very near the affected surface of the skin. The intention is to warm and revitalize the flow of material energy in the body and chase away certain pathogenic influences that have been infesting on the body and causing ailments.
Practitioners use moxa to warm regions and certain points with the intention of stimulating circulation of blood and energy through these points and inducing a smoother flow of blood and material energy. There are many methods of moxibustion. The most common three of them are direct scarring, direct non-scarring, and indirect moxibustion.
In direct scarring moxibustion method, a small cone of moxa is placed on the skin at an acupuncture point and the moxa is made to burn until the skin blisters.
In direct non-scarring moxibustion method, the burning moxa is removed before the skin burns enough to scar.
While in indirect moxibustion method, the practitioner holds a cigar made of moxa near the acupuncture point to heat the skin, or the ignited moxa stick is held on an acupuncture needle inserted in the skin to heat the needle.
Mugwort gets its botanical name from the Greek moon goddess Artemis, a patron of womanhood, and Mugwort is a wonderful herb for many gynecological conditions. In Chinese Herbal Medicine it is used to treat issues like heavy menstrual bleeding and uterine bleeding and to increase circulation of blood to the pelvic area in order to treat menstrual pain. Moxibustion (applying heat from moxa products near the affected skin) has successfully been used to reposition breech babies into a normal head-down position prior to childbirth.
Here are 4 Best Moxa sticks for pain relief
3 years Pure Handmade Moxa Rolls for Moxibustion:
These moxa rolls are extracted, compressed and rolled from Chinese Mugwort, an agent responsible for increasing circulation of blood to the pelvic area and uterus and stimulates menstruation. This could explain its use in treating breech births and menstrual cramps. The rolls follow a 5:1 ratio and are aged for three years. These rolls can be used to relive pain caused due to arthritis, injury or surgeries. The pack contains ten pieces of the moxa rolls. These rolls can be used for at home pain relief moxibustion therapy.
Features of 3 years Pure Handmade Moxa Rolls for Moxibustion:
- The rolls have been aged for three years in 5:1 ratio
- The height of the moxa roll is 8.375 inches while the width 0.8125 inches
- These rolls offer uniform and slow burning
- Non-reactive to the skin
Pros and Cons:
- Dimensionally, these rolls are quite thick and long. One time burning of the roll can last up to days, giving more time and continuous therapy to the affected area
- The rolls are in a 5:1 ratio and are aged for three years. It is bound to deliver instant relief
- The rolls can be cut into pieces and used for acupuncture
- It has the potential to help people who have tried traditional as well as alternative therapies
- Moxi rolls come with a rather strong smell that will stay for two to three days. It is best to use these moxa rolls outside
- Be careful with the rolls while burning them near the skin
Like all traditional Chinese treatments, the aim of moxibustion is to bring the body into balance and ensure a consistent flow of energy (also referred to ‘Qi’). In this case, balance is achieved by the burning of moxa made from Chinese Mugwort, or dried mugwort close to or directly on the targeted skin. This power packed medicinal herb has a long history in both China as well as in the West, and is perhaps best known in America for its close association with the “witches” of the medieval era Europe. This is because of its frequent mentions and use in folk remedies, particularly to ease stomach pain, menstrual irregularities, anxiety, and itchy skin.Buy This Product From Official Website
Huaian Stick Moxa:
Next up on list is Huaian Stick Moxa, a rather compact roller that has been drawn into a long yet thin cylindrical type packaging. The product is great for one time use. Once ignited, the stick lasts for 15-20 minutes, ideal for a quick pain relief therapy. Moreover, the compact size makes it easier for the user to carry it along almost everywhere. The pack contains twenty such sticks that can provide a month or two of weekend at home moxibustion therapy.
Features of Huaian Stick Moxa:
- The sticks are compact and lightweight and thus are easy to carry around anywhere
- One stick lasts for 15-20 minutes, so every time you use a stick, its freshness and effectiveness is more
- The product delivers small point indirect heat treatment
- The sticks can also help in disinfecting the home from harmful bacteria and fungus
- Delivers short yet effective pain relief therapy for people with any form of arthritis or any other chronic pain as well as minopain
Pros and Cons:
- The pack contains twenty such sticks that can provide a month or two of weekend at home moxibustion therapy
- Huaian Stick Moxa Rolls are 120 mm long and 9 mm wide
- The pure moxa is compressed and paper wrapped to allow uniform burning
- Ideal for at home moxibustion therapy
- The sticks are small and are not meant for long duration of use
- These moxa sticks produce lots of smoke which is not healthy and advised for someone with respiratory conditions
- The smell of the moxa clings to bed sheets, curtains and even pillow cover. It is thus important to be aware of surrounding while using it
These small cylindrical sticks are an amazing product for those who have been struggling to deal with arthritis, menstrual pain or aftermath of a physical injury. The sticks are small and can be carried around. While one stick lasts for about 15-20 minutes, these can be used for a quick therapy over a weekend. Moxa is understood within the modern Western medical framework to be a natural diuretic, as well as a moderate stimulant. It can also trigger an increase of blood flow to the pelvic region of the body – especially to the uterus. This is why it is often used to treat uterine cramps and scanty (light or absent) menstruation.Buy This Product From Official Website
Beyoung Smokeless Moxa Purifier with Copper Tank:
The Beyoung Smokeless Moxa Purifier with Copper Tank is a complete kit with copper tanks and moxa sticks that can be used very efficiently for moxibustion therapy at home. The moxa bulbs are placed inside the copper tank and ignited. The mouth of the copper tank is then covered with a lid. Filters in the tank prevent the smoke from clogging the atmosphere. By warm stimulation resulting in enhanced local blood circulation as well as lymphatic circulation, promotes the dissipate absorption of inflammation, adhesions, exudates, hematoma and other pathological products. Designed with smokeless filter pockets. The copper tank has an extra adjustable ventilation design that helps in delivering a focused moxa radiant heat on pain area.
Features of Beyoung Smokeless Moxa Purifier with Copper Tank:
- An adjustable ventilation design helps in delivering a focused moxa radiant heat on pain area
- Holders or tanks are made of copper that has got its own health benefits
- Portable and compact pocket with adjustable Velcro strip that holds the tank together
- The product comes with sixty moxa sticks
- User can zip up the copper tank in its cloth cover and use it to target the meridian area
Pros and Cons:
- Comes with a copper tank that has an inbuilt ventilator in it
- The product is compact with zips and pockets. By virtue of which it can be a part of your trips
- The Velcro strap allows the user to move around unlike others that require skin contact
- All three tanks or one at a time can be used for moxibustion therapy
- Since smoke cannot escape during burning of moxa sticks, it is important to clean the copper tanks after every use to get rid of precipitants
- The tank may get hot due to burning of moxa stick inside it, be extremely careful while using
By warm stimulation resulting in enhanced local blood circulation as well as lymphatic circulation, promotes the dissipate absorption of inflammation, adhesions, exudates, hematoma and other pathological products. Designed with smokeless filter pockets. The copper tank has an extra adjustable ventilation design that helps in delivering a focused moxa radiant heat on pain area. Moxibustion or moxa is a therapeutic healing technique that finds its roots in ancient China. Now the therapy is being used in many modern acupuncture clinics. The practice involves burning herbs with medicinal properties, over specific acupuncture points or areas of pain to warm and heal a specific condition. The Beyoung Smokeless Moxa Purifier with Copper Tank is a complete kit with copper tanks and moxa sticks that can be used very efficiently curing pain caused either by some disease or due to some injury.Buy This Product From Official Website
Erencook Stick on Moxa Sticks:
The last product on our list is a complete assembly of moxa stick with its extinguisher. The extinguisher is designed to perfectly create vacuum after it is position on the target area. The moxibustion therapy delivered by this product lasts up to 12-20 minutes. Directions of use are easy, simply peel off the backing of the extinguisher to expose the self-adhesive base, light up the tip of moxa and apply on the skin directly. It sticks perfectly and is easy to take out. The venting hole at the center of the base provides an indirect and soft heat from the moxa to land on top of your skin. The package contains sixty pieces of these stick on moxa sticks.
Features of Erencook Stick on Moxa Sticks:
- The length of every moxa cone is about 7mm X 6.5mm with base 12mm X30mm (diameter)
- Simply peel off the sticker at the base of the moxa cones, burn the moxa stick and place it on the affected area
- The ratio of moxa concentration in these sticks is 35:1
- Venting holes at the center of base provides indirect and gentle heat from the moxa on top to your skin.
- Use only one cone for one treatment within 48 hours
Pros and Cons:
- The stick on feature ensures the moxa stick does not fall during therapy
- Built of the product eliminates the need of acupuncture
- The venting hole at the center of the base provides an indirect and soft heat from the moxa stick to the user
- It is much safer and more convenient to use than traditional moxa sticks
- The product is a use and throw kind which may cause environment pollution
- Adhesive side of the tape will not work if the skin is damped or any ointment/oil has been applied on it
The Erencook Stick on Moxa Sticks is a wonderful product that lets user enjoy moxibustion delivered via suction force of the stick on cones. The product uses indirect method of moxibustion thus, the skin will not incur any burns the moxa sick reaches its base. The venting hole at the center of the base provides an indirect and soft heat from the moxa to land on top of your skin. The package contains sixty pieces of these stick on moxa sticks. Practitioners use moxa to warm regions and certain points with the intention of stimulating circulation of blood and energy through these points and inducing a smoother flow of blood and material energy.Buy This Product From Official Website
Some quick Q&A on Moxibustion
Q. What is Mugwort?
A. Mugwort is a species of plants found in Asia, Europe, and North America. This plant has been used in Korean, Japanese, and Chinese Traditional Medicine.
Q. Why should I choose moxibustion?
A. The point of moxibustion is to heat up and energize the Qi (material energy) in body and get rid of pathogens that are residents of one’s body.
Q. What can I expect from Moxibustion?
A. Many have reported that Moxibustion has relieved if not cured, their physical ailments and has gifted them a better and improved life.
Q. Does Moxibustion hurt?
A. Depending on the type of moxibustion you choose, it can be somewhat painful, or not painful at all. If your choice is direct moxibustion, the acupoint will be burned at the skin which can hurt. If your choice is indirect moxibustion, your acupoints will not be burned, which is a lesser painful procedure.
Q. What is Moxibustion used for?
A. The main point of using moxibustion is to improve circulation of blood. As the circulation of blood begins to increase, ailments and problems with organs and joints begin to dissolve. In ancient times, moxibustion has been used to breech babies into a normal head position and also for dealing with issues like painful menstrual cramps, uterine bleeding etc.
The Beyoung Smokeless Moxa Purifier with Copper Tank is a complete kit with copper tanks and moxa sticks that can be used very efficiently for moxibustion therapy at home. Designed with smokeless filter pockets. The copper tank has an extra adjustable ventilation design that helps in delivering a focused moxa radiant heat on pain area.
The Beyoung Smokeless Moxa Purifier with Copper Tank is a compact and a complete kit that has got copper tanks for enhanced therapy. The belt type holder can capsule the tanks in itself. Tie it around your waist and let it do some magic!