5 Best Back Massagers for Instant Pain Relief
This is the most common reaction you have when you are all set to get a massage on any part of your body, and a back massage is one of the most coveted ones. Who wouldn’t get psyched on the prospect of getting a rejuvenating and refreshing massage on their back, and then going about their lives in a more energized zeal? Tempting, to say the least.
However, a massage is always best enjoyed when it is done at your pace and flow. It is not always easy to make a person do the job for you, so why not employ a back massaging device or quite simply put, a back massager. Since we are no exception to the various pleasures of a back massage, we have put together the 5 best back massagers to buy. So put your back at a comfortable position, go through our picks for the best back massagers and g on to treat your back to the massager it deserves!
5 Best Back Massagers You Can Actually Buy
Snailax Shiatsu Back Massager with Heat – Seat type
Imagine getting a warm and soothing back massage just by sitting on a seat or cushion. Well, imagination turns to reality with the amazing Snailax Shiatsu chair back massager that can simply be position on your seat and all you have to do is sit and turn it on. That’s right, folks! There is no need for you to use your hands for anything related to the massage other than the controls. You can sit back, relax and go on with any of your leisure activities like watching the television, browsing through your mobile or reading while the back massager works wonders on your back and leaves you feeling wonderful.
Features of the Snailax Shiatsu back massager:
- It is equipped with a rolling massage of adjustable width. By adjusting the width of the massage nodes to customize your body, you can achieve the right amount of pressure to tackle muscular tension and soothe your entire spine. The massage nodes also give the provision of adjusting the them up or down in order to accommodate any height.
- It has 4 Shiatsu Massage Nodes with optional heat function that provides tender warmth that aims to soothe your sore back muscles, improve blood circulation and eradicate pain plus discomfort.
- The heat functions come with an overheating protection system that makes it safe to use.
- Works on 3 Massage Zones of your choice namely: full back, lower back and upper back.
- The Spot Massage feature allows you to let the massaging function concentrate on a specific area of your back according to your preferences.
- Is integrated with a simple strapping system that helps it secure its place on any seat, chair, sofa, cushion etc.
- Has a removable Intensity Control Flap that allows you to adjust the intensity of the massage on any of the zones where you need a massage.
- The removable neck cover can be used for neck massage with the same provisions of adjustability.
- The seat is equipped with 2 levels of adjustable vibration massage mode that provides a wonderful massage to your hips and thighs.
- A easy to use corded remote control is attached to the seat.
Pros And Cons:
- It has various degrees of adjustability on different parts of the massager which makes it easy to be customized based on body type, height, size and preference.
- The additional feature of heat paves the way for an extremely soothing massage with warmth that can be adjusted as per your need. This heat helps to reduce muscular pain, tension and promotes flow of blood and oxygen to the affected area.
- The massage nodes can be adjusted to any part of the back by even having the luxury of focusing on a specific area or the entire back as a whole.
- The intensity of the massage can be adjusted on any part of the back, by using easy modes of control.
- Can also be used to massage the neck, hips and the thighs either by particularly setting the massager on any of these specific areas or massaging all of them in sync. That part for the neck can even be used separately.
- Simple in design and usage. There is no need for any exaggerated adjustments and setup as it comes with a user friendly remote setting with easy controls and functionality.
- The protection system avoids overheating of either the device or your body.
- Contributes to good working condition and health of the spine.
- Easy to detach, wash and reset.
- The operation of this back massager is almost noiseless, and way quieter than most back massagers available in the market.
- Extremely versatile to use. Can be easily installed to any form of seating at your home, workplace or car.
- Thought the massage nodes are adjustable and is designed to accommodate any height, it could have been better of it could provide slightly more length for the upper part of the neck and the head.
- The part for your neck requires you to tilt your neck a little bit, which can get a bit tiresome for some.
- At times, there arises the need of a pillow for better adjustment and feel.
- Since this back massager is appreciably large, you might not always find it as much portable as you would want it to be.
The Snailax Shiatsu back massager. What an awe-inspiring product! We have seen few that works so exceptionally well. As a back massager, you will hardly ever have any complains whatsoever. You are bound to be an empowered person after its usage. The functionality of the neck massager part seems to pose some minor issues, but it performs just as well with a few adjustments or additions. It delivers the desired performance with its star-studded array of wonderful features and technologies, and we are not surprised that it is adorned with an equally impressive array of stars on the rating chart! This is definitely our best back massager overall. Go for it… you are surely going to love it!Buy This Product From Amazon
VIVREAL Handheld Back Massager
Handheld back massagers are stereotyped to be low on power, a stigma that plagues every handheld massager out there. Enter the VIVREAL back massager, a rebel in its own right. This one is an extremely powerful massager that comes armed with a badge of immense versatility, which is designed to pack a punch… er, massage unlike that of any handheld massager.
With a diverse move pool of attachments and the distinct privilege of being cordless and battery powered, this is one remarkable back massager that would blow your mind away but only after providing you a really good massage. To top it all, it lasts for a pretty decent amount of time. So you can derive a lot out of it in one session. The icing of the cake is the fact that it can be used not only on the back but on any part of the body.
Features of the VIVREAL handheld back massager:
- It has 6 Interchangeable Massage Nodes to offer you versatility in terms of usage, feel and part of the body.
- Works on the principle of an electric percussion system that gives just the right amount of relieving force to any part of the body.
- It is cordless, and that extrapolates its usage anytime and anywhere.
- It is rechargeable and the charged massager works for up to 100 minutes.
- It comes with 6 adjustable modes and 6 massage modes that let you adjust the intensity of the massage as per your convenience.
- Works with a powerful motor that scores up to 3200 pulses per minute to contribute towards powerful massage characteristics.
- The motor is made up of pure copper that offers a longer service life and helps prevent overheating. After a quarter of an hour of usage, it automatically shuts off to prevent overheating and overuse.
Pros and Cons
- Offers an incredible amount of versatility in terms of its usage and functional aspects.
- You can easily switch among 6 interchangeable massage nodes to provide 6 different degrees of massages to different parts of the body.
- This massager can not only be used on the back, but on literally any part of the body.
- It is powerful enough to provide deep tissue massage and repair.
- Has a wide range of options for speed and intensity. The speed and intensity can be simultaneously arranged to provide a high degree of customization.
- Is very portable and can be carried anywhere without any hassle.
- Works cordless, so there is no need to attach it to a plug in order to operate it.
- Is rechargeable in a way that it works for a long time before the battery runs out.
- Is equipped with inbuilt safety features in order to avoid overheating.
- Is known to be very durable and the product lasts for a pretty long time.
- It is pretty heavy and holding it for long periods of time might induce pain in your arm.
- The handle often tends to vibrate vigorously, sending waves of undesired vibrations along your arm.
- Takes a substantial amount of time to charge. Also, the massager cannot be used while it is put on charging.
- Automatically turns off after about 15 minutes of usage which can be annoying.
- It needs to be fully charged in order to make it work ideally.
The VIVREAL handheld back massager is the real deal when it comes to handheld massagers. It is cordless, which is a great feature as it allows you to carry it around anywhere and use it anytime. The V’s in VIVREAL would be justified enough to stand for Versatility as it can be used on literally any part of the body with relative easy and is backed with a versatile set of adjustable speeds, intensities and nodes that feels like having an all in one package in one.
However, the painstakingly long hours of charging and few minutes of usage tends to become a drag and add on to different levels of frustration. The heavy weight of the massages does not seem to favor it at all. This weights tends to linger on to the wrists and hands, subsequently leaving them in pain. It is definitely an awkward spot to be in that a device meant to eradicate pain ends up inducing it. But then, this is an unwelcome tag associated with handheld massagers.
But all in all, it serves its purpose quite well by providing a very satisfactory level of pain relief in the course of its usage. Inarguably, the best handheld back massager available.Buy This Product From Amazon
Naipo Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager
If you have ever got on a rollercoaster, you are well aware of the protective gear they put on around your back and shoulders. It is designed to protect you from falling and keep you stable during the entire course of the ride. Since life is analogous to a rollercoaster ride and back pain is a frequent occurrence that tries to put you down, it only seems logical that a back massager designed in the form of a rollercoaster protective gear comes to your rescue. And that is exactly what Naipo has done with their Shiatsu electronic back and neck massager.
Embedded with as much as 8 massage nodes with the provision of heating, this beautifully designed massager provides impressive relief to your tired and sore muscles. It looks cool and fits in perfectly well around your shoulder, that gives you an edginess which oozes out with the plethora of benefits outsourcing from this massager.
Features of the Naipo Shiatsu back and neck massager:
- It has an adjustable intensity button that permits you to explore a range of speeds and intensities as per your preference.
- It comes with 8 deep-kneading massage nodes to provide varying magnitudes of relieving pressure on your back.
- It is built with an added heat functionality that provides warmth and soothes your neck and back muscles.
- Made with an ergonomic U design for a firm fit.
- 3D rotation kneading massage rollers offer a good flexibility of massage experience throughout the neck and upper back.
- Comes with a cord and car adapter.
- It is programmed to switch off after about 20 minutes of usage in order to protect the massager against overheating.
- The straps are built with very flexible fabric.
Pros and Cons
- It is relatively more affordable when compares to other massagers in the market, and delivers a satisfactory performance for the price being paid for the purchase.
- The lengthy cord allows it to be used in many places and the addition of the car adapter is very welcome.
- The cord is extremely flexible and can be used on many parts of the body.
- The U design is very ergonomic and that makes it fit well.
- The speed can be set up to 3 levels: low, medium or high; according to your preference(s).
- It comes with 8 massage nodes that offer a good amount of flexibility, accommodating itself on different parts of your body.
- The inclusion of the heating elements provides gentle warmth and facilitates healing and comfort.
- The material of the back massager tends to cause skin irritation and discomfort after usage.
- It often tends to not heat enough to be felt by the user. Also, there is not a clear indication of whether the heat is on or not.
- The buttons tend to have issues of accessibility when put around certain parts of the body such as your neck, knee etc.
- It also tends to fall short of a desired magnitude of pressure in certain areas of the body.
- It is pretty bulky and heavy that limits a free and unhinged usage, and in different positions.
- Feels rough and a bit uncomfortable if you happen to be thin or skinny, owing to its bulk and material characteristics.
- The placement of the controls seem to be bit off in different applications.
The Naipo Shiatsu back and neck massager is a decently good one, with it performing well in what it is supposed to do: provide a relieving massage. Add the fact that it can be used on different parts of the body, it does deliver. Again, it does deliver but… not on all grounds when the design is put into consideration.
The flaws in heating up properly and the placement of the controls seem to a bother. Yes, the U design fits and feels fantastic, but this very design is the reason for the issues of accessibility of the controls.
It does fine on the back but nit as well when you try it out on your feet or knees. Finally, it requires you to move around and assume positions in order to use it; something that is clearly avoided in massagers that work as a seat or a handheld device.
That certainly does not mean that it falls short in comparison to its peers. It comes in with a greater degree of affordability and provides a satisfactory amount of relief. It works really well on the innumerous set of reflex points in your body, and leaves them feeling fresh and kicking!Buy This Product From Amazon
Snailax Massage Mat
Quite often, you may want to get a relaxing back massage by just laying back and letting go of all stress and worries. Who wouldn’t want to doze off to a massage induced sleep or maybe just a siesta? Want to feel like a snail who just sleeps in a jiffy and wakes up fully refreshed, free from all stress?
And behold! Puns of puns galore, the Snailax massage mat makes you the snail you want to be and cuts off all forms of pain and stress induced by back pain.
It is very common for your back pain to manifest into various cores of pain in different parts of your body. This phenomenal massage mat from Snailax checks all of these pains at once and you wake up a new person after the blissful slumber that this massage mat has the potential to provide. As a bonus, the Snailax massage mat comes with a comfortable pillow that makes the entire experience all the more special!
Features of the Snailax massage mat:
- It comes with a whopping 10 massage motors that set up a frenzy of soothing good vibrations to deal with your entire body.
- It has 5 massage modes that allow you to adjust the intensity and speed of massage.
- It provides 4 massage zone to selectively put on relieving pressure and intensity on your area of choice.
- There are 3 levels of intensity that can be set as per your needs.
- It is designed with 4 heating pads that corresponds to 4 heating zones to provide relieving heat transfer to the affected areas.
- The Snailax massage mat can easily be folded and is very flexible to use.
- The massage mat shuts off after around 30 minutes of usage.
- It is set with an automatic timer that avoids overheating and ensures safe usage.
- The massage mat is made up of soft polyester fabric for ultimate comfort and feel on the skin and affected areas.
- It is enforced with a foam padding for softness, comfort and unnecessary dissipation of heat.
- It is designed for versatile usage on different surfaces.
- Works solely on vibration mode and characteristics, and is thus a vibration massager.
- It comes with a remote that controls the functioning of the massage mat.
Pros and Cons
- It is made up of soft and smooth material that feels great on your skin.
- The heat functionality works very well and sets up a really comfortable temperature gradient and heat transfer that soothes and relives painful muscles and joints.
- Since it works with you laying down, this position offers a very natural circulation of blood and the functions of the massage mat promote the circulation of blood in better ways to aid in healing.
- The Snailax massage mat contributes to the massage of the entire back and also the rest of the body.
- The mat can easily be controlled with the remote.
- Offers versatility with easy setup on various surfaces, be it the floor, bed, sofa, chair etc.
- It is equipped with 5 different cycle modes that you can juggle with.
- The 4 independent control zones offers 3 adequate levels of intensity.
- It is very easy to fold and carry, promoting portability.
- The vibrations set up by the massage mat works at a very approvable frequency, that can be appropriately adjusted according to your need.
- It resets its settings every time you shut it off, so you have to crunch in the figures of your preference when you restart it. This can get annoying.
- If you are not satisfied with the pillow attached to the massage mat, there is no provision for the removal and/or installation of a different pillow that better suits your needs of comfort.
- It tends to be more power consuming that you expect. So repeated usage clocks in on the electricity bill.
- The fact that is shuts down after half an hour tends to disrupt your sleep, if that is how you are using the mat.
- It does not start with a solid vibration, and the desired levels of vibration build up gradually. This may require some fiddling from your end.
- It provides a good massage to the entire body, but if you are looking for a concentrated level of massage, it does not work well in this regard.
- Might leave a little more to be desired if you are tall, but that is adjustable by adding on a pillow or two.
This is one of the best back massagers and it sure does live up to its hype! It has literally no flaws with regards to its accessibility and the only complains seem to originate from the settings controls and the pillow (which is a very subjective topic).
The fabric is just too good and provides immense comfort. If only the massage mat is programmed to retain its memory from the preceding usage and it catches up to its predetermined level of vibrations a bit sooner, it would be a near perfect massager. Why do we feel that it is can theoretically be close to perfect and not perfect, you may ask?
Well, that is because this massage mat is designed to give you a worthy massage to your entire body and does not perform to that level for specific areas, In other words, the Snailax massage mat is a Jack of all Trades, but master of none. At the end of the day, it is indeed an incredible massage mat and one of the best of the lot. It is a dream to use and why shouldn’t it be so? After all, the usage of the Snailax massage mat is meant to give you good dreams as you doze off on it after a heart massage! A massage, that works wonders from the A to Zzzzzzzz of your body!Buy This Product From Amazon
Body Back Buddy Self Massage Tool
Rounding off this list is perhaps the most unconventional and weird looking back massager of them all: the Body Back Buddy self massage tool. This is an unorthodox DIY back massager that puts you on the driver’s seat. You are in charge of your own body here and you can explore the unexplored by reaching areas you haven’t ever dreamt of reaching with your own bare hands; areas that have this stubborn knack of holding stress and pain, and require to be triggered by some relaxing bouts of pressure.
This S-shaped tool of wonder lets you put exactly the amount of pressure that you want, nothing more or less. It comes in surprisingly strong and light, while being extremely durable and robust in design and working.
Works fantastically well with a personality that matches yours, this is your ideal partner in crime when it comes to dealing with pains over your body and arresting them.
Features of the Body Back Buddy self massage tool:
- It boasts of 11 ingeniously placed therapy knobs that are designed to reach the trickiest of places and provide amazing thongs of relieving pressure.
- It features an innovative S-shaped design that facilitates accessibility to different areas of your body.
- It does not require electricity for its functioning.
- It is made up from a combination of fiberglass and plastic mutually reinforced into one another.
- The material of the massage tool is resistant to water and chemicals, eco-friendly and hypoallergenic.
Pros and Cons
Pros of the Body Back Buddy self massage tool:
- The therapy knobs on the surface of the massage tool are very cleverly positioned to reach areas of your body which are mostly inaccessible.
- You are totally in control of the amount of pressure that can be applied on the affected areas. It is a unique case of customizing even the magnitude of pressure!
- The Body Back Buddy massage tool is highly backed and recommended by experts from all around the world. It is also ideally suited for fibromyalgia pain relief.
- There is no employment of electricity for its functioning and this massage tool is thus maintained without the dissipation of any power.
- It is very simple to use and there is hardly any maintenance required.
- Since it is also heat free, there are no worries of overheating.
- It is manually controlled, thus eliminating the inclusion of complicated electronic controls.
- Hardly requires any washing or maintenance.
- Is very potable due to it being lightweight and sturdy.
Cons of the Body Back Buddy self massage tool:
- It involves self massage, so you do not get the luxury of relaxing and letting the massage tool work on its own. You need to get involved and work about the tool in order to achieve a thorough massage.
- If your height happens to deviate from the regular features of an average person, then this massage tool might not work as well as expected.
- There isn’t any inclusion of heating elements. So, if the pain affected areas on your body require some heat transfer, this won’t work at all.
- If you are suffering from chronic pains that do not let you move around much and you would rather prefer using a back massager that les you stay stationary, letting the back massager do its job on its own peril, then this is not the right tool for you.
- It is not meant for use if you are looking for a device that works on the whole back or a large surface area all at once.
- It is not durable enough in the long run.
One of the most unique back massagers on the list, the Body Back Buddy self massage tool lets you take charge and treat yourself to a unorthodox mode of massage at precisely the points where pain is affecting you.
It may be time consuming and way too involving of you to use, but let us not steer away from the fact that the end results are nothing short of fantastic! It is recommended by some of the best doctors, therapists, chiropractors and experts worldwide, and that speaks volumes about it.
It is a fantastic back massager that you can use as per you will and treat yourself to the care and love you deserve. After all, self love is as important (if not more) as loving others! You will never regret this amazing back massager which carries a legacy of its own.
Benefits of a back massage
Eliminates tension from the upper back: Continual motion and lack of motion puts up tension in your upper back. This causes immense discomfort to the upper back which extrapolates to the neck and shoulders as well. The compression and shear offered from a good massage cuts this built up tension and eases the muscles in these areas.
Relieves pain in the lower back: The lower back forms the entire back of your body when you are seated and it also supports various loads when you are on the move. Naturally, it becomes a hub of accumulation of pain. Massage to the lower back relaxes the muscles and combats all the developed pain.
Alleviates your mood: Massage helps in the dissipation of the body’s “feel good” chemicals, namely endorphins, serotonin and dopamine. These chemicals work magic and help in reducing pain, avoiding the need of painkillers and eradicating anxiety, stress and depression, It’s a win-win situation which works in all spheres!
Promotes circulation: Massaging your back helps in achieving a increased supply of fresh oxygen carrying blood and nutrients to your back and associated areas healthy and kicking. This contributes to an overall improved circulation to your muscles and vital organs.
Promotes the process of healing: The damaged tissues in areas affected by injury or pain get a influx of required nutrients and blood by a simple back massage. This ends up healing those damaged areas quickly and more effectively than that by medication.
Makes you sleep better: In the end, the benefits of a good back massage transcend to depths that make you sleep better by relaxing your muscles and body as a whole, It works amazingly well in retaining your Circadian Rhythm, in turn giving rise to good health and life.
The simple back massage has evolved from a means of enjoyment to a mainstream medical practice that breaks boundaries into the realms of chiropractic, therapeutic and general care. It is overwhelming what back massagers can do to you and your way of living. We are all aware of the significance and vitality of our backs. They form the very basis of mobility and activity in our daily lives. So it goes without saying that our humble backs require our support. The love and care we give to out backs by using these amazing devices give us the power and capability to achieve bigger and better things in our life. If your advancement in life is plagued by a case of back pain, then go on and try any of these back massagers. They are bound to always give you a ‘backup’ when things seem difficult and you need something to propel you to the heights you deserve!